[sacw] Messages of support for Indo- Pak peace groups

aiindex@mnet.fr aiindex@mnet.fr
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:49:11 +0200

June 18, 1999
FYI from British based Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. [Some of you may
have already recieved this message, in which inadvertantly due to a typo in
the subject area i mentioned Pakistani peace groups as 'Paki' peace groups,
i offer my sincere appologies, for this grave slip of the hand]
'Harsh Kapoor,
for South Asians Against Nukes)
=========================

June 18th, 1999.

Dear friends,

To mark the anniversary of the Pakistan nuclear tests and counter the
government organised demonstrations in support of the nuclearisation of
Pakistan - the British based Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament held a
demonstration in London.

At the demonstration Pakistani and Indian speakers spoke and CND
campaigners read out messages sent by Indian and Pakistani peace groups.

At the demonstration we also asked people to write their own message of
support to be sent back to campaigners and groups in India and Pakistan.
Particularly we would like to get the messages to the group of people who
are walking across India, under often very difficult circumstances, in
protest against the nuclear tests. If anyone could forward the messages to
the march we would be very grateful.

We would also like to thank everyone who made the effort to send us
messages and we look forward to developing links with the peace movements
in India and Pakistan. So please keep us posted on developments and
campaign plans.

Yours in Peace - Louise Edge, CND Press Worker. E-mail: <cnd@g...>

Message:
With best wished and solidarity to all the courageous campaigners
against
nuclear weapons and war in South Asia -
From:
Hugh Stephens
Institute for Independence Studies

Message:
Here in London we in the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament are all
thinking
especially about the Peace Movement in India and Pakistan as the conflict
over Kashmir is escalating -
We are with you as we all work together and for peace - and I am
sitting
now by the statue of Mahatma Gandhi -
From:
Sue Davis
Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament

Message:
Dear Friends,
I would like to express my support and solidarity for the
cause of
nuclear disarmament in Pakistan and India and globally.
It is easier to be a South Asian Student sitting in London
and protesting
... your all doing extremely important job and have all our support.
From:
Rohini Kohli
At the LSE

Message:
To my dear comrades in the peace movement in South East Asia,
I wish you every luck in your endeavour for universal peace, and
that this
will be to last forever. I wish you persistence, sustenance and love.
From:
Freedom,
Pat

Message:
Thank you for working for peace, despite all the difficulties.
Keep going
and let us have victory and achieve nuclear disarmament in your country, on
this country, and all over the world.
From:
With peace and love, Jill Weston

Message:
Dear Friends,
You bring hope into the lives of the poor, destitute and
oppressed in
Pakistan and India. It's a long, painstaking struggle but there definitely
is light at the end of the tunnel.
From:
We are all with you, Harris Khalique
London

Message:
The Gandhi Foundation supports the peace movement in India and
Pakistan to
renounce violence and war and work for the elevation of poverty in the
rural areas of both the countries whose ____ in massive poverty and
disease.
We also call upon the world power to stop nuclear bombs and nuclear
power
production which threaten to destroy our planet and mankind.
From:
Surur Hodo

Message:
We are working hard to stop the nuclear nightmare - and build a
peaceful
and sustainable future. Our dream of peace between all peoples and all
nations will be a beautiful reality.
From:
Love and kindest thoughts to you, Kez
Oxford, England

Message:
With blessing to you on the subcontinent - your voice of peace is
strongly
heard by the activist people of the British Isles - the long campaign to
limit the nuclear powers has been led by your nations and now Bangladesh
and Nepal continue in this campaign which is so urgent.
From:
Nanaste - peace to all from Kingsley Hall in the east end of London
where
Mahatma Gandhi stayed in 1931 and from the Gandhi Foundation. David.

Message:
I have heard in Radio broad cast that either India or Pakistan spokes
person has stated that they do not want any mediator from one or others of
the Western Nuclear Weapon States to interior in a matter which concerns
them only.
Quite right too!!
But a person who might well be able to help is H. H. The Dali Lama if he
were asked. Just a thought.
Our sympathy goes out to peace lovers in Pakistan and India.
From:
Richard Graph

Message:
The changes in international law which we are all witnessing are but a
form of neo-colonialism. Whereas countries are being used to strengthen
already mighty countries and their allies, leaving the weak to serve as
mere tools. Nuclear proliferation and times 'control' secure these
untameable position. Only a total ___ world wide and total disarmament can
secure a democratic future.
From:
Unsigned

Message:
The government of India and Pakistan have a choice: a) sustainable future,
based on peace, democracy, meeting peoples needs and protecting the
environment; b) or a dangerous costly future pursuing a nuclear future,
which destroys what it claims to protect.
I urge you to show real leadership and the courage Western Governments
lack. GIVE UP your nuclear weapons and meet the needs of your people.
From:
In peace, Jean Lambert
Green Party

Message:
Apart from misuse of nuclear power which is so harmful for human life and
existance, it also threatens the survival of the animals and plants all
over the world, creating disorder in the life cycle itself. Lets stop it
for us and for the benefit of the other generations too.
From:
Long live peace, H. Azinpour

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/act